Sunday 17 May 2009

text

This is some text from a book called 'Gender Voices' by David Graddol and Joan Swann that had influenced a major part of my conceptual investigation which in turn informed key focal points of my creative processing. The books main objective is to explore and evaluate issues and differences between human identity, primarily about there gender (male and female). There have been issues involved in the book that have at interconnected at various times within my own interests of investigations, more so on an indirect, secondary platform (regarding my both of my subject practice's of 'animation' and 'graphic arts'). Rather, it was some of the supporting issues of this book that struck points of interest here for me as it helped me understand more in depth about the ideas of investigation and statement's i would have been trying to promote previous work. These 'supporting' issues within the books argument were about versatility, dominance and influences of languages/various forms of communication as too the various effects they can have on one, society and culture. 
Also mentioning, my most previous visual theories subject being on 'Postmodernism' and my essay argument about a response to a Kevin Lynch quote "Cognition is an individual process, but its concepts are social creations" ( forward to environment knowing (1976) - City Sense and City Design) through my own persuasions about two artists work and their representation of space, subjectivity and vision within the postmodern metropolis, I felt a lot of similarities paralleling.
As i was making these connections i soon found that i was trying to piece a common ground or establish a focal point between a variety of ideas and works (some my own, mostly others) on alienation, suppression and hardships, exploring the importance all kinds of communication involved that of the individual, social and cultural. I reflected on these issues and thought about notions that might  infuse my creative making process. I decided that (obviously) different forms of communication and languages were not just very complex and often problematic in translation but can also be very therapeutic and rewarding. It soon became important for my creative investigation to emphasize visually on the 'make-ups', raw material and structures of communication through information taken from what i find and capture, also by way of (which is becoming method of which i am currently working) maybe a collage of, layering and a processing of different techniques employed via my chosen medias. 

These are just a few snippets taken from the book mentioned above "Gender Voices".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Blog!!!

This is the place where i hope to tantalise you with the latest in my world of art, intersts, ideas, design, concept, image and creation!